It is a system of dynamic assessment and recovery of the musculoskeletal system based on augmented reality technology, which improves the quality of movement through a comprehensive analysis of the mode of running and gait. The interface allows both the use of prophylactic kinetics and recovery in orthopedic or neurological diseases. Walker View is the only gait and running analysis laboratory with gait rehabilitation / recovery and movement analysis functions, being invented by the Italian company Tecnobody.
The equipment contains a dynamic band equipped with a load detection surface (load matrix sensors), an integrated 3D camera for motion capture, with control monitor and a large feedback screen (LCD 47 “). It also contains a built-in PC platform, which monitors and records all movement parameters, including all joints up to the hip, but also a virtual reality technology that allows interaction with your own avatar or augmented reality. Walker view operates in a self-adaptive way, is able to recognize the user’s gestures and adapts to their rhythm and pace.
We use Walker view for:
- gait testing / analysis, postural control and aerobic endurance;
- walk / run training;
- virtual reality games for walking / running;
- analysis of posture during movement – the patient can be viewed, through an avatar, from all angles The 47” monitor positioned in front of the WalkerView system provides effective feedback in posture control;
- walking re-education – the patient can immerse themselves in virtual reality, where they obtain feedback on the control of the symmetry of the contact with the ground and the posture in real time. No other running equipment has integrated all these functions in a single system that is so easy to use and that measures the results accurately.
- ground contact analysis – the treadmill consists of load sensors. This technology allows the assessment of the contact with the ground while walking, thanks to the software interface and the correction of dynamic parameters in real time.
Upon completion of the test, the system automatically prints a gait analysis report. Each patient is unique, having their own training program recorded with a unique key. By inserting this key into the system, it automatically recognizes the patient’s schedule. In addition to the training program, this key also contains statistical assessment data: strength, balance, stability, flexibility.
- Assessment and training in various modes of aerobic exercise;
- Assessment and training of the inherent spatial posture during walking and running;
- Assessment and training on global or segmental coordination and sensory-motor capacity;
- Assessment and training for joint asymmetry / asymmetry, focus on torso, hip and knee;
- Assessment and training on the contact time with the support and the length of the step;
- Inherent biofeedback on joint amplitude during dynamic movement.